1. Prepares scope of work, cost estimates and schedules for facilities planning studies.
2. Develops facilities planning projects with consultants and internal staff, including concept plans and related technical work for passenger facilities and parking expansions.
3. Assists communities in developing appropriate zoning around transit facilities utilizing the principles of transit-friendly land use.
4. Applies site feasibility, planning and engineering practice, and is familiar with the NJDEP permit process.
5. Develops well-conceived project alternatives and prepares cost benefit analyses.
6. Prepares data and support documentation on Rail and Bus facility project prioritization, funding and cost.
7. Monitor facility inventories and maintains departmental databases.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Baccalaureate Degree in Transportation, Urban Planning, Engineering, Landscape Architecture or related area, and three (3) years of applied experience in planning, evaluating and developing transportation improvement projects. Excellent written, verbal and visual graphic communications skills and experience with AutoCAD, Access and Word desired. Master’s Degree in Urban Planning desired.
General InformationNJ TRANSIT is New Jersey's public transportation corporation. Its mission is to provide safe, reliable, convenient and cost-effective transit service with a skilled team of employees, dedicated to our customers' needs and committed to excellence.Covering a service area of 5,325 square miles, NJ TRANSIT is the nation's third largest provider of bus, rail and light rail transit, linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia. The agency operates a fleet of 2,027 buses, 711 trains and 45 light rail vehicles. On 236 bus routes and 11 rail lines statewide, NJ TRANSIT provides nearly 223 million passenger trips each year.NJ TRANSIT also administers several publicly funded transit programs for people with disabilities, senior citizens and people living in the state's rural areas who have no other means of transportation. In addition, the agency provides support and equipment to privately-owned contract bus carriers. As the vehicle that connects New Jerseyans with employment, education, health care and recreational opportunities in and around the Garden State, NJ TRANSIT is vital to the state's economic and social well-being, as well as its quality of life....Mission StatementTo provide safe, reliable, convenient and cost-effective transit service with a skilled team of employees, dedicated to our customers' needs and committed to excellence.