|Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.|
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Scientist, are to:
- Conduct research and contribute to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets;
- Conduct multiple complex scientific studies;
- Lead scientific and technical projects;
- Design, conduct and interpret complex experiments;
- Develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals;
- Be the primary author for scientific reports;
- Communicate effectively research findings;
- Assume project leadership and/or supervisory functions;
- Possess specialized knowledge in relevant technology area;
- Align core competencies with business objectives;
- Design strategies to optimize product development and technical innovation within budget and resource targets;
- Direct work across internal and external stakeholders;
- Identify independently research opportunities in assigned areas;
- Identify and implement new technologies to improve research outcomes and processes;
- Demonstrate creativity in problem-solving;
- Apply state-of-the-art know-how to solve complex problems;
- Mentor peers/colleagues in areas of expertise.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least 10 years of relevant experience OR Master of Science with at least eight years of relevant experience OR Ph.D. with at least four years of relevant experience;
- Strong plant physiology, crop science, Entomology, weed science, pathology acumen with the ability to independently design experiments and analyze data;
- Ability to conducts research and contribute to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets;
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization software.
- Experience with data science or computer science.
Relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
|Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|