TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil engineering, business or public administration, or a closely related field and five (5) years progressively responsible management and/or administrative experience in public works, engineering, or a related field.
Licenses: Possession of a valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record.
All applicants are encouraged to review a detailed job description available at https://www.townofparadise.com/index.php/our-government/departments/human-resources and apply only if they clearly meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
APPLICANT INSTRUCTIONS/INFORMATION - A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
* A Town of Paradise Employment Application * Résumé
* Transcripts and/or Certificates * Cover Letter
On November 8, 2018, the most destructive wildfire in California history began in Butte County, California and quickly spread to the Town of Paradise, California. In the aftermath of this disaster, a substantial recovery and rebuilding effort is underway. The energy and enthusiasm for the rebuilding of Paradise is palpable.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is smart, energetic, self-motivated, an excellent project manger,a team player and a team builder. There is never a dull moment at the Town of Paradise with a myriad of rebuilding projects that will keep the organization busy for years to come. The highly responsible Public Works Director / Town Engineer will have a large role in the future success of the Town of Paradise. The incumbent will gain unprecedented experience with this unique opportunity. The Town is looking for someone who is called to step up to this exciting challenge.
- Vacation = 0-4 years @120 hrs/yr, 5-9 years @135 hrs/yr, 10-14 yrs @176 hrs/yr, 15 & over = 200 hrs/yr.
- Sick leave accrual = 8 hours per month, maximum accrual 1,500 hours.
- Holidays = 11 standard + 2 floating holiday.
- Administrative Leave = 120 hours.
- Bereavement Leave = 3 days.
- Long Term Disability Insurance = 2/3 base salary, up to a maximum.
- Life Insurance coverage = 150,000.
- Dental Insurance =80% (Town) and 20% (Employee) premium share. Any increase in the dental plan premium below 9.99% will be shared 80(employer)/20(employee). Any increase amount for the dental plan premium rate above 10% will be shared 50/50.
- Vision Insurance = 80% (Town) and 20% (Employee) premium share.
- Health Insurance= Town agrees to pay monthly a portion of the premiums for a medical plan, up to, but not exceeding the following amounts. Town Share Cap:
Employee plus one $867.45
Employee plus two or more $1,127.69
- PERS Retiree Medical in accordance with PERS Resolution for Management Group.
- PERS Retirement = 2%@60 for classic members 2%@62 for new members.
- Longevity = 5% at 10 years, up to 7.5% with 15+ years of service.
- Car/cell allowance = $200 per month.
- Gym reimbursement = $90 per quarter.