- Organizes and leads programs for development of new specialty chemical products.
- Leads multi-functional teams including new product chemists, process development engineers, manufacturing, supply chain, new business development, regulatory affairs, legal and other functions as appropriate.
- Coordinates the efforts of external collaboration partners
- Develop product cost estimates and economics to support decisions at key milestones
- Identify approaches to improve productivity of assigned programs
- Collaborate with team and leadership to set program timelines; secure resources and drive program to completion.
- Manage and present project progression to senior management and within a stage gate structure.
- Hold technical reviews and issue regular reports on project progress to build consensus for critical decisions to mitigate technical and non-technical risk.
- Responsible for delivering successful new products on time and on budget.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or related field
- 5+ years of program leadership experience with demonstrated successes in leading new product development in the specialty chemicals space
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team towards the development of a new product, influencing and negotiating time and resources from other groups
- High level of health, safety, and environmental awareness
- Experience in resource management and ability to keep program on track to meet key milestones in a stage gate process
- Demonstrated project execution, organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced Degree
- Proven new product development experience from project inception to commercialization
- Knowledge of chemical process scale-up requirements and timing
- Chemical process development experience
- Costing of product and development of process economics
- Chemical manufacturing experience
- Familiarity intellectual property regimes and landscape
- Ability to navigate EPA and regulatory landscape
- Experience to set-up external tolling production