Internship Program Manager: Human Resources Coordinator Reports to: Technical Development Manager for day-to-day responsibilities Department: Product Certification
The WQA Product Certification Department evaluates drinking water treatment units and drinking water additives against various industry standards. With the WQA Laboratory, the remaining Certification Team provides ANSI and SCC third-party certification against these industry standards.
As an intern with the WQA Technical Team, you will learn general product certification paths and forms, complete some basic-level technical training, master drafting basic technical steps for Technical Advisors to verify within active customer projects, and assist with the development of an advanced training module.
As a Product Certification Intern for the Technical Team, you will gain skills and experience in the following areas:
• Project management, problem solving, and other interdepartmental communication • Useful training development with practice exercises that mimic real projects • General water treatment regulations and market demands, third-party testing and certification, and ANSI/SCC certification program accreditation • Familiarity with various drinking water treatment technologies • Understanding industry standards, working with policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs), following laboratory test reports and customer submittals, and completing basic technical assignments for a wide range of product types
Essential Responsibilities include:
• Learn basic technical training modules, including: o Material Safety o Structural Integrity o Chemical Reduction o Mechanical Reduction • Recommend improvements for existing trainings • Draft the above portions of projects for Technical Advisor verification • Create a product focused training o Denote the unique certification and testing methodologies associated with the assigned product-type, which are not already covered within the existing general trainings
• High school diploma or equivalent required • Advanced knowledge of Excel, including formula creation, formatting, tools, etc... highly preferred • Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe, and Power Point preferred
• Customer Satisfaction and Employee Engagement with fiscal responsibility • Flexibility • Drive for Business Results • Initiative and Decision Making • Collaboration • Respect for Others • Analyzing and Problem Solving • Planning and Organizing • Leading and Engaging • Passion for Continuous Learning
• 20-25 hours per week
• This position works in a standard office and/or laboratory environment.
The Water Quality Association (WQA) is a not-for-profit association for the residential, commercial, and industrial water treatment industry. WQA represents more than 2,700 member companies around the globe and proudly serves as an educator of water treatment professionals, certifier of water treatment products, public information resource and voice of the water quality improvement industry. We’re... continuously seeking top talent to join our team to further enhance our dynamic organization. We offer attractive employee benefits, a flexible work environment and provide new and challenging opportunities for career growth and on-going professional development. We encourage you to explore career possibilities at Water Quality Association.